The Vershire Selectboard, at their meeting on March 2, 2021, adopted the Warning for the Australian ballot voting to be held on April 6, 2021, at the Vershire Town Center Building. Here is link to the Warning.
The Selectboard approved a special voting procedure for the Town of Vershire in lieu of the Annual Town Meeting pursuant to Vermont law H.48, which allows all votes to be done by Australian ballot. Voters are strongly encouraged to vote absentee, and the Town Clerk will mail an absentee ballot to all active registered voters of the town. (If you do not receive a ballot, please contact the Town Clerk).
There will be one informational hearing in the form of a special remote hearing of the Vershire Selectboard on March 28, 2021, at 1:00 pm. Voters may obtain information on accessing this hearing through the Vershire website, www.vershirevt.org (check put the Selectboard page) or by telephoning 802 685-2227. The procedures for this hearing will follow these guidelines:
Rules for Zoom Participation:
- Everyone is muted on entry
- There is no private chatting
- The use of personal video is optional
- If you have a question and are using a computer, smartphone or tablet, please type your name (but not your question) in the chat box. Participants will be taken in order
- When called on, please identify yourself by stating your name and town of residence and direct your question to the Selectboard
- If using a telephone to call in to the meeting, use *9 (the “raise hand” function for telephone participants) and *6 to mute/unmute
- Speakers will have no more than 1 minute each to ask their questions
- There will be ~10 minutes allotted per article (for Articles 16-24)
- A person who has already asked a question must wait to ask another until all others who have not yet participated for that article have done so
- There will be a 30 minute candidate forum at the end for questions
If you have questions about the hearing, please call the town clerk at 685-2227, or speak to a Selectboard member for more information.
The polls will be open for same-day voter registration and the casting of in-person ballots between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm on April 6, 2021, at the Vershire Town Center Building.